Studio Associate, Interior Design + Retail
General Job Description
The Studio Associate will work in tandem under the direction of the design department to execute client strategy through procurement and the retail boutique to facilitate sales. This individual has an interest in design, marketing, and fine goods. The role is extremely fluid and expectations will vary depending on company needs. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work directly with the Principal, design team and retail team to execute on short-term and long-term business strategy.
- Procure goods for design projects and store inventory.
- Interface with clients (both in-person & e-commerce)
- Manage client inquiries and generate quotes.
- Facilitate Point of Sale transactions.
- Conduct follow-up phone calls to clients.
- Maintain, organize physical and digital inventory (some lifting will be required).
- Assist with product development needs and the development of custom furniture, furnishings, and lighting for design project procurement and brand partners.
- Assist with any and all presentations for potential clients and investors.
- Coordinate retail timelines.
- E-commerce support through project fulfillment, customer service inquiries, site maintenance.
- Detailed and immediate tracking of shipping/fulfillment.
- Store maintenance.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 1-4 years of experience in a professional office setting.
- Experience in high-end retail sales preferred.
- Bachelors degree required. Four year degree in business, management, marketing, design, or related field preferred.
Skills and Qualifications Requirements:
- Highly organized, accurate, and neat in all aspects of the job.
- Works well under pressure; able to multi-task, prioritize, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Able to follow through on multiple projects with both short-term and long-term objectives.
- Experience with InDesign & Photoshop preferred.
- Proficient in AutoCAD & Design Manager software a plus.
- Understanding of basic design principles.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with a strong command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Works well in a collaborative setting. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job; however, must also be able to work independently and proactively on projects without supervision using tact and discretion.
- Respectful, mature, reliable, and responsible.
- Available to work additional hours, which may include Saturdays, and as occasionally required to meet deadlines.
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license required.