Senior Project Manager, Interior Design
General Job Description:
The Senior Project Manager will coordinate all aspects of projects in residential, hospitality, and commercial disciplines, including client relations; working with firm’s principal to develop aesthetic design concepts; scope of work and project budgets in coordination with client and related trades; overseeing design development, construction administration, procurement, invoicing, and overall client management.
- Client relations include initial contact, site reviews, presentations and consulting, project-related correspondence and documentation, including procurement.
Schematic Design and Design Development
Work with Principal to conceptualize design from initial sketch through sourcing and detailed hand drawings and AutoCad drawings for construction implementation. The Senior Project Manager will provide technical expertise in conducting site reviews. This person will be responsible for compiling comprehensive FF&E specification information (such as lighting fixture schedules and paint schedules)
Work with project team, including architects, general contractors and trades by providing drawings and comprehensive specification information to all applicable parties to ensure proper execution of design concepts in the field. Attend site meetings as needed.
- Work with Principal to identify furnishings, including sourcing, purchasing, modifications such as painting and upholstery, delivery and installation. Development of custom furniture, furnishings, and lighting; including detailed drawings, coordinating with fabricators and reviewing shop drawings to confirm consistency with aesthetic design intent. Facilitate orders from request for estimate through final invoice utilizing Design Manager software. Maintain budget and cost tracking in coordination with client’s expectations. Oversee logistics to ensure timely completion and delivery to project site. Maintain daily log of client related activities for time billing.
- Product Development
- Assist Principal and design team with development of proprietary branded merchandise and furnishings. Coordinate with manufactures to ensure proper execution of design concepts, pricing, and deliverables, as requested.
- Collaborate with design team to ensure successful outcome of all projects, oversee associate project managers and provide assistance with team development, as requested.
- Administrative and marketing duties, including answer incoming calls, assist with mailings, assist with scheduling, coordination of travel arrangements, and additional duties as requested.
- From time to time, assist with sales and visual merchandising of retail boutique.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in interior design or architecture directly managing client projects.
- 2 or 4 year degree in interior design, architecture, or related field.
- Proficient AutoCAD and manual drafting skills required; Revit a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint at a minimum).
- Proficient in Design Manager software a plus.
- NCIDQ (National Council of Interior Design Qualifications) Certification and LEED Certification a plus.
Prior managerial experience required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of interior design.
- Residential experience REQUIRED; commercial experience a plus.
- High proficiency in AutoCad and hand drafting, including floor plans, furniture plans, millwork detail drawings, elevations, reflected ceiling plans, custom furniture designs, and perspective drawings.
- Presentation and graphic design skills a plus, including proficiency in SketchUp, Photoshop and 3D rendering software.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with a strong command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Works well in a collaborative setting. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job; however, must also be able to work independently and proactively on projects without supervision using tact and discretion.
- Respectful, mature, reliable, and responsible.
- Highly organized, accurate, and neat in all aspects of the job.
- Works well under pressure; able to multi-task, prioritize, and consistently meet deadlines. Able to follow through on multiple projects with both short-term and long-term objectives.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and practices is essential.
- Able to travel for site reviews, field surveys, and meeting attendance, and is available work additional hours occasionally required to meet deadlines.
Vehicle and valid driver’s license required.