Junior Project Manager, Interior Design
General Job Description:
The Junior Project Manager will work with Principal and Senior Project Manager to coordinate and track all aspects of a design project; including client relations; development, construction administration, procurement, and overall client management. Additional administrative duties as requested.
- The Junior Project Manager will help coordinate all aspects of a project, including client relations; working with firm’s principal to develop aesthetic design concepts, scope of work and project budgets in coordination with client and related trades; assisting with design development, construction, procurement, invoicing and overall client management.
- Assist with all project coordination activities, to include scheduling, logistical arrangements, and cost tracking. This person will be responsible for assisting with the development of work proposals, including detailed scope, time frames and budget in coordinate with colleagues, client, and related trades.
- Provide technical support in conducting site reviews. This person will help compile comprehensive specification information (such as lighting fixture schedules and paint schedules) and provide the information to all applicable parties to ensure proper execution of design concepts in the field.
- This person will have comprehensive knowledge of furniture and architectural finishes, experience in writing product specifications and an understanding of scale.
- The Junior Project Manager will work with firm’s principal to develop design concepts and product drawings to convey concepts to client and related trades. Drawings may include floor plans, furniture plans, millwork detail drawings, elevations, reflected ceiling plans, and custom furniture designs.
- Assist in the procurement of furnishings to execute the design concept from identification to installation. This person will work with the firm’s principal and colleagues to identify furnishings; communicate with vendors to coordinate procurement; and present options, pricing and other details to client for consideration.
- Work with related trades to oversee all aspects of design process to achieve the aesthetic design intent for each furniture piece (e.g. upholstery, refinishing, restoration, trucking, and installation).
- This person is responsible for timely reporting of all client-related expenses and maintenance of accurate records for invoicing including specifying, purchasing, tracking and billing.
- Requirements for this position include strong communication skills, the ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting, creative problem solving and effective business writing.
- Administrative and marketing duties, including answering incoming calls, assisting with mailings, assisting with scheduling, coordinating travel arrangements, and additional duties as needed with a boutique firm.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- 2 or 4 year degree in interior design, architecture or related field
- AutoCAD and manual drafting skills required
- Proficiency in Design Manager software a plus
- Proficiency in Photoshop software a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint at a minimum)
- Knowledge of 3D modeling animation software for creating photorealistic design visualizations a plus
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and practices is essential
- NCIDQ (National Council of Interior Design Qualifications) Certification a plus
Work Experience Requirements:
- 1-2 years of previous interior design experience REQUIRED
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of interior design.
- Residential experience REQUIRED; commercial experience a plus.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job; however, must also be able to work independently and proactively on projects without supervision.
- Exercises independent judgment using tact and discretion.
- Respectful, mature, reliable, and responsible.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Highly organized, accurate, and neat in all aspects of the job.
- Able to work without supervision interfacing with professional level staff of many disciplines including the firm’s principal.
- Good presentation skills and a professional demeanor, with sound organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Works well under pressure; able to multi-task, prioritize, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Able to follow through on multiple projects with both short-term and long-term objectives.
- Able to travel for site reviews, field surveys, and meeting attendance, and is available work additional hours occasionally required to meet deadlines.
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license.